Foot & Ankle Orthotics
Foot & ankle orthotics are devices that are placed inside of shoes and used to support, align, and correct different foot and ankle problems. These problems can include things such as heel pain, arch pain, fallen arches, bunions, and hammertoes. H2 Health, having the vision to provide the highest quality holistic healthcare, brings you customized orthotics that’ll save you from injuries and help you recover faster.
WHAT ARE ORTHOTICS USED FOR?
Although most clinics advise increasing physical activity and exercises like walking and running, few highlight the importance of wearing proper foot and ankle wear. Foot orthotics can help prevent or treat many conditions including:
- Plantar Fasciitis – Plantar fasciitis is characterized by inflammation of the supporting ligament of the sole. The sole bears a lot of force every day. Orthotics help keep your plantar fascia free from excessive stress and prevent the development of plantar fasciitis.
- Flat Feet – Flat feet are a very common problem. While it may not seem like a big deal, it can cause other issues like knee pain and shin splints. Orthotics are an easy and holistic way of fixing flat feet.
- Achilles Tendonitis – The Achilles tendon is a strong ligament that you can feel on the back of your heel. As with plantar fasciitis, excessive load on the Achilles tendon causes Achilles tendonitis. The good news is that H2 Health orthotics, designed according to your feet, will relieve the stress on your tendon and prevent any Achilles injuries.
- Shin Splints – Shin splints refer to having pain in your tibia or shin bone. The tibia is the large bone on the front of your leg that can be easily felt. It often gets injured if you are new to running or walking. Shin splints are caused by overuse. You may also get shin splints due to flat feet or inadequate shoes.
- Ankle sprains – Orthotics help your ankles stay supported and firm during various movements. This helps with keeping your ankles safe and strong during exercise.
H2 HEALTH ORTHOTICS
There are many different types of orthotics available on the market today and choosing the right one can be a bit daunting. However, there are a few things that you can keep in mind that will help you make the best decision for your needs. H2 Health physical therapists will examine your feet and legs to deliver the best orthotics for you.
Our orthotics are tailored specific to every person’s needs and developed on the following principles:
- Type of condition you have
- Presence of pain
- You weight, body type, and gender
- The type of activity you need orthotics for
- Your shoe type
H2 Health’s experienced team of specialists will work with you to design a custom treatment plan that meets your specific needs. We offer a wide range of services, including orthotic fabrication, fittings, adjustments, physical therapy, and custom shoe modifications. We accept most insurance plans, and we offer convenient financing options for those who qualify. Contact us today at (800) 699-9395 or schedule a consultation online at your nearest H2 Health clinic. We look forward to helping you achieve your best possible health!