Foot & Ankle Pain
The human foot is an engineering marvel, capable of supporting the weight of the entire body while propelling us forward with every step. Made up of 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons, and ligaments, the foot is a complex and intricate piece of machinery. But this complex structure is also susceptible to injury and pain. According to the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, approximately 75% of Americans will experience some kind of foot or ankle problem in their lifetime. The H2 Health Family offers you comprehensive foot and ankle physiotherapy, even in the comfort of your bed in certain areas!
From preventing various foot and ankle conditions to treating debilitating pain, qualified therapists will work with you to ease your foot and ankle pain. Let’s investigate why you may get foot and ankle pain, and the conditions that we treat.
FOOT & ANKLE CONDITIONS WE TREAT
With over 180 highly equipped outpatient facilities and over 50 years of experience, the H2 Health family has the skills to treat various physical conditions, including foot and ankle problems. The conditions we treat range from asymptomatic plantar tightness to severely painful ankle dislocation. H2 Health and its faculty are qualified to treat various foot and ankle condition:
- Drop foot – “drop foot” occurs due to weakness in the nerve supplying the muscles of the anterior compartment. It can be caused by trauma to the outer side of leg, a herniated disc, or injury to the spine.
- Ankle sprain – the ankle joint is supported by many ligaments, however, the outer side’s ligament is often injured or torn due excessive inwards rotation of the foot.
- Achilles tendonitis – the strong band that you feel right above your heel is the Achilles tendon. Inflammation of this tendon may occur due to excessive walking or overuse.
- Plantar fasciitis – this is a very common condition causing foot pain and fatigue. Plantar fasciitis refers to the inflammation and tightening of the supportive ligament in the sole.
- Turf toe – turf toe is a painful condition. It occurs due to a sprain in the ligament of the big toe.
- Flat feet – a very common but manageable condition. If untreated, it can cause knee pain and weakening of the knee ligament.
SYMPTOMS OF FOOT & ANKLE CONDITIONS
Like any other body part, the symptoms associated with your foot and ankle dysfunction vary widely depending on their cause. You may experience a slight discomfort in your foot and ankle, or you may have terrible pain every time you take a step. You may also experience no pain, despite having some foot or ankle problems. Most commonly seen symptoms of foot and ankle conditions include:
- Foot and ankle pain
- Difficulty walking or running
- Pain in the soles
- Swelling around the ankle
- Swelling near the big toe
Although the problems related to the foot and ankle can be very daunting and painful, our family of therapists ensure you that you will receive the best treatment. Whether it is plantar fasciitis or a bad ankle sprain, you can trust our specialists to diagnose your condition appropriately and give you the best therapy possible. To discuss your foot and ankle condition, feel free to reach out to us. We encourage you to visit us at your nearest location to get a one-on-one appointment.