Chronic Pain Program
If you're one of the millions of Americans suffering from chronic pain, you know that it can be tough to find relief. You may have tried over-the-counter medications or even prescription drugs, but nothing seems to help. Luckily, physical therapy for chronic pain can provide significant relief. By working with a physical therapist at Virginia Center for Spine & Sports therapy, we will be able to develop a customized exercise and stretching program that will help reduce your chronic pain.
Chronic pain is no laughing matter. It can make it difficult to perform everyday activities and can even lead to depression. But that doesn't mean you need to suffer. There are a number of treatments available that can help you manage your chronic pain and improve your quality of life. If you're living with chronic pain, don't give up hope.
CAUSES OF CHRONIC PAIN
Chronic pain may root from several different conditions. That is why our therapists take a holistic approach in treating every condition. This means that our team will work with you to find the root cause of your problem and treat it. While there are many potential causes of chronic pain, some of the most common include:
- Arthritis – This condition is caused by the inflammation of the joints, which can lead to joint pain and stiffness. Arthritis pain is often very hard to manage. Physical therapy for chronic pain is very useful, especially until a definitive treatment is carried out.
- TMD – TMJ disorders can cause pain in the jaw and face. While TMJ disorders are difficult to diagnose, our specialists will derive the right solution for you.
- Fibromyalgia – This condition is characterized by widespread muscle pain and fatigue and is more commonly seen in young women.
- Headaches – Headaches can be debilitating if experienced chronically. There are various types of headaches, and we specialize in treating them all.
- Neuropathy – Neuropathy refers to a disease of the nerves. Neuropathy pain comes in various forms like burning, tingling, and needling pain. Neuropathies can be caused by diseases like diabetes and trigeminal neuralgia. Alternatively, trauma to any part of the body can sever a nerve, leading to chronic pain in the affected area.
- Hip and leg pain – The hip and legs are especially at risk for overuse injuries, which can lead to chronic pain.
- Chronic muscle pain – muscle soreness is very common among many populations. Whether you are an athlete who isn’t recovering properly, or you have an imbalance of your electrolytes, muscle soreness may appear. Muscle soreness is easily treatable using natural and holistic therapies like physical therapy and dietary therapy.
With the right treatment, your chronic pain can be properly managed. Virginia Center for Spine & Sports Therapy provides specialized treatments and therapies that will be helpful for your pain. In addition, our physical therapists can teach you how to use proper body mechanics to avoid aggravating your pain. If you suffer from chronic pain and want a proper solution, you can request an appointment online. With our chronic pain services, you can finally get the relief you need and start living your life again.