New River Physical Therapy
Here at New River Physical Therapy, we are strongly committed to excellence as we provide one on one physical therapy and sports medicine services. We believe in treating every patient with dignity and respect, as well as providing the community with quality care. Our goal is to come alongside our patients, helping to treat pain, range of motion limitations, weakness, and instability while working on developing and teaching individualized home programs our patients can continue to use on their own once formal treatment is done.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your insurance card/s
- Your physical therapy order/ prescription (if your doctor gave you a physical copy)
- * If Workers Compensation or Auto Compensation, please bring in your claim number, case manager’s contact information, and authorization document. *
- Plan to wear loose/ nonrestrictive clothing that you can easily move and exercise in.
- If you have a knee injury, please wear pants that can be pulled above the knee or shorts.
- If you have an elbow or shoulder injury, please wear a shirt with sleeves that can be rolled up above the affected area or a short-sleeved shirt or sleeveless shirt.
- Plan to wear shoes that are supportive during exercise.
- *If needed we do have separate rooms that can be used to change clothes in.*
The first visit is usually about an hour and a half. That includes about 15 minutes of initial paperwork that can be done online ahead of time. During the first visit our therapists will discuss the specifics of your case with you and then use a variety of tests to measure your strength and range of motion. Every ten visits those tests will be repeated to track your progress. After your measurements have been completed, the therapist will start treatment, beginning with low-level treatment to get an idea of what you can comfortably tolerate.